Volunteers are the foundation of DJPC. We are always looking for volunteers to participate in office staffing, event planning, fund raising, public relations, newsletter publication and website maintenance. We invite you to join us!
- help plan the monthly Salons
- help publish & mail the quarterly Newsletter
- help plan and host the annual Awards Night
- help staff DJPC table at special events
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Office: Come into the office once or twice a week and help out with an assigned task.
- Events: Plan events and/or help out with set-up, clean-up, and staffing of DJPC events.
Volunteer Brochure (PDF file)
Build4Peace Fundraiser Volunteer Information:
1) Volunteers (like you!) commit to a day’s work on a project. You can choose which of the two designated days works best in your schedule and sign up by calling the DJPC office at (303) 623-1463 or e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide us with your name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address.
When you sign up, DJPC will send you a packet with helpful instructions to help you solicit donors, including sample letters, a sponsor sheet and information about DJPC and our programs.
2) Collect pledges from friends and family to contribute to your work-a-thon contribution. This event is a fundraiser and can be a successful one with a little bit of work before the work day!
3) Show up on your scheduled workday ready to help, have fun and meet new people. We can’t wait to see you there!
*** CURRENTLY VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR:***
- Mailings: Help out with our newsletter or with fund letter mailings once every couple months.
- Fundraising: Participate in our annual work-a-thon, Build for Peace, help with grant writing, organizing the silent auction, join our Fundraising/Marketing committee.
- Publicity: Help with media work, outreach, and design brochures/fliers.
- Advocacy: Join our Advocacy Steering Committee. Take action on DJPC Urgent Actions.
- Writing: Write articles and book or movie reviews for our website or newsletter.
- Professional Services: Accounting, legal, public relations, marketing, or other services on an as-needed project basis.